Playing Destiny 2 with friends or other Guardians can be an exhilarating experience, offering camaraderie and assistance in tackling the game’s most challenging content. However, there may come a time when you need to part ways with your Fireteam, whether to embark on a solo adventure, join another group, or simply take a break. Leaving a Fireteam is a straightforward process, but it varies slightly depending on whether you’re currently on a planet or in orbit. Here’s what you need to know:
Leaving a Fireteam in Destiny 2
In-Game (On a Planet)
- Open the Director: Press the appropriate button to access the game’s menu (this varies by platform).
- Navigate to the Roster: Find and select the “Roster” tab to view your current Fireteam members.
- Leave the Fireteam: Hover over your name or icon in the Fireteam list. You should see an option to “Leave Fireteam.” Select this option.
- Confirm Your Departure: If prompted, confirm that you wish to leave the Fireteam. You will then be returned to orbit alone, ready to pursue your next adventure.
Leaving a Fireteam while in orbit follows a similar process to leaving while on a planet, with a minor difference due to the game’s UI:
- Access the Roster: While in orbit, open the Director and go to the “Roster” tab.
- Select Your Name: Find your name or player icon in the list of Fireteam members.
- Choose to Leave: Click or select the option to “Leave Fireteam” next to your name.
- Confirm: If asked, confirm your choice to leave the Fireteam. You’ll remain in orbit, now solo.
- Communication: If you’re playing with friends, it’s polite to inform them before leaving the Fireteam, especially if you’re in the middle of an activity.
- Rejoining: If you leave by accident or change your mind, you might need an invitation to rejoin the Fireteam, depending on its settings.
- Fireteam Settings: The Fireteam leader can change settings to public, friends only, or invite only. Knowing this can affect your ability to rejoin or manage your own Fireteam in the future.
Whether you’re diving into the depths of a Destiny 2 raid or exploring the mysteries of the latest expansion, knowing how to manage your Fireteam participation is essential. Leaving a Fireteam, whether on a planet or in orbit, is a simple process that ensures you can smoothly transition between solo and group play. With this knowledge, you’re ready to tailor your Destiny 2 experience to fit your playstyle and preferences.